The mission of the Wausau School District’s Early Education Program is to provide every child with the foundation to become a lifelong learner through school, family and community partnerships in a safe, caring and enriching environment.
“I LEARN”, Individualized Learning in an environment that is Engaging, Active, Reflective, and Nurturing with high expectations for all and family and community collaboration.
1. All students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process. (key interests 1, 2, 3, 7)
2. All students (e.g. special education, limited English proficiency, talented and gifted, etc.) need curriculum
accommodations and resources to improve their performance. (key interests 2, 3)
3. Students learn best when staff maintains high expectations for learning (key interests 3, 5)
4. A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning. (key interest 6)
5. Teachers, administrators, parents, and community share the responsibility for helping students learn.
(key interests 4, 8)
Wausau School District Key Interests:
1. Advance student learning, achievement, and success by keeping it at the heart and as the filter for our decision
2. Utilize research-based curricula that reflects 21st Century themes and applications and are responsive to the needs
and potential of all students, preparing them for a global society.
3. Provide real-life, diverse learning opportunities with practical applications in the classroom and beyond.
4. Inform and engage the community in shaping educational strategy and formulating responses to change.
5. Attract, retain, and develop a high quality, diverse, creative, and innovative workforce of leaders.
6. Provide safe, secure, flexible, inviting, and well-maintained environments that nurture student well-being and
enhance teaching and learning.
7. Identify, integrate, and expand technology to foster adaptability and maximize learning for all.
8. Foster mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations that expand learning opportunities and resources.